At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS is seeking a proven and effective Director of Sales to lead our North American divisions. We are looking for a leader that will accelerate and drive business growth. As the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing the overall sales strategy for our North Americans divisions in Victoria, British Columbia and Richmond, Virginia. You will work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to understand our value proposition; why people buy our products, and how we help organizations achieve their goals.
You will provide leadership and direction to our Account Executives, Partner Managers, and Inside Sales teams. You will develop, implement, and champion an effective sales process. You will also collaborate with internal teams to ensure alignment between sales activities and other functions. We are looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills and excellent customer facing skills; someone with solid technical aptitude and experience selling enterprise software solutions. We are seeking someone with a passion for sales and technology, and a record of hitting and exceeding targets. This is a great opportunity for someone that thrives in a competitive and dynamic environment with an overwhelming drive to succeed.
- Overall responsibility for the sales performance of the North American divisions.
- Development and execution of a strategic sales plan to achieve targets and expand our customer base.
- Overall management of Sales and Partner teams across multiple locations.
- Establish sales objectives by accurately forecasting sales quotas and projecting expected sales volume/profit for existing and new products.
- Development and implementation of an effective sales process.
- Effectively communicate the company's value proposition to prospects, customers, partners, and internal staff.
- Build new business, strengthen customer relationships, and understand industry trends.
- Maintain sales volume, product suite, and pricing by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, partners, and competitors.
- Serve as a business representative at major industry events, conferences, user groups, trade shows, and expositions (travel as required).
- Work closely and effectively with the executive and management teams.
- Collaborate with the Products, Professional Services, Support, and Training teams, as required.
- Provide regular reporting on sales performance against budget/forecasts and reporting on variances.
- At least 10+ years of proven experience as a senior sales leader meeting and exceeding targets in enterprise software sales.
- At least 10+ years of experience in direct or outside B2B enterprise software sales.
- A history of successful sales growth and business development.
- Proven ability to drive a sales process from plan to close.
- Demonstrable experience developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions.
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and others.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven ability to develop, coach, and mentor a team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS, the Esri ecosystem, geomatics, or internet mapping.
- Knowledge and experience in telecommunications with a wide network in the industry would be an asset.
- University degree required.
- This position requires extensive travel, up to 50% (when safe to do so).
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A central downtown location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage & showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
*As a result of COVID-19, the majority of our employees are temporarily working from home. Working in the office is optional at this time.
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).