Over 1,500 organizations around the world rely on Geocortex to design, develop and maintain web-based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions about their lives, society and the world around us. You can help us make a difference.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to build new skills and gain experience with our Products team. Your abilities and interests will strongly influence the nature of this position.
- Software product development, which may involve research and analysis, product design, coding, defect verification, release testing, and beta support
- Designing/developing customized web-GIS applications for clients
- Developing custom viewers, database, and technical applications to enhance the existing service offering for specific client applications
- Some project management, delegation, and training
- Some business analysis and technical writing
- Some server/network administration and troubleshooting
- Diploma/degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline
- Proven top-notch programming capabilities
- A proven ability to learn and master new technologies quickly
- Well versed in software version control concepts
- Familiar with asynchronous programming concepts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proven experience creating UI driven applications
- The ability to simplify and communicate complex ideas in an understandable format
- The capacity to work, troubleshoot, and solve problems independently
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Would Love to See
- Experience in leading/supervising a development team and providing guidance and mentorship to others
- Experience in technical leadership/ownership of a product or technology
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with any of UWP, WPF, iOS, Android, or Xamarin platforms
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A central downtown location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage & showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
*As a result of COVID-19, the majority of our employees are temporarily working from home. Working in the office is optional at this time.
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).