At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
Over 1,500 organizations around the world rely on Geocortex to design, develop and maintain web-based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions about their lives, society, and the world around us. You can help us make a difference.
DevOps is about moving an organization forward and giving it a technological advantage. We view it as a way to think—a state of mind—and we’re looking for an experienced professional to lead and manage DevOps at VertiGIS.
You’ll be involved in a variety of projects including Cloud deployment, infrastructure management, and automation. You’ll search for ways to shorten development cycles and increase the quality of our releases. If you think you have the skills to match our needs, we'd love to hear from you.
Cloud Deployment and Cloud Infrastructure Management
- Creating and maintaining a production cloud-based environment for hosting our SaaS products.
- Executing staging and production releases of SaaS products.
- Interfacing production software with various 3rd party applications and systems.
- Deployment strategies into on-premises, enterprise environments for software that is also deployed in the cloud.
- Knowledge of on-premises scalability and fault tolerance.
- Building and maintaining infrastructure for QA to test on-premises deployments of single and multi-server (clustered) software.
- Developing scripts and programs to automate common build and deployment tasks.
- Automated project setup for new developers.
Build Infrastructure Management
- Creating teams, builds, and releases in team collaboration environment (currently using Azure DevOps).
- Managing environment permissions.
- Maintaining build, deployment, and source control software and servers.
Source Code and Development Project Management
- Maintaining a successful continuous build and deployment environment for several active projects.
- Deployment of company IP to source code escrow.
- Creating and managing build definitions and release definitions.
- Management of code and package versioning.
- Management of version control branch policies and permissions.
- Managing a package server (and publishing packages to the package server).
- Maintaining infrastructure (physical and virtualized) for manual and automated testing.
- Work with the Global IT team to establish appropriate security and privacy standards.
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with other team members.
- A passion for DevOps
- Proven success in a similar role
- Experience with information systems and IT operations
- Excellent judgment, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects from concept to completion
- Ability to write both formal code and script
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- Familiarity with up-to-date privacy and security standards
- Proficiency with several of the following technologies: Azure DevOps, Git, VS Code/Visual Studio, TypeScript, .NET (C#), Xamarin, iOS, and Selenium
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (with lunch included)
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
- To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files.
- We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).